Friday, February 24, 2012

Hatched


Day 46 (Iceberg)


Day 46 (Broken)

Inspiration:  I woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat, the kind where my saliva feels like broken glass sliding down my throat.  Now I know why I slept so much yesterday, I have the flu, hooray!; Medium: An unfinished painting, undisposed food items: dried tangerine peels, bits of chocolate, gummy bears, and egg shells.  I then took photos and went crazy in Photoshop; Current feeling about sketch(es): Why is birth celebrated more than death?  And why is life the neutrality between the two?

2 comments:

  1. That's awful about being sick... something about weeks 7 and 8 in winter term. Good questions-- things I've often pondered. So much focus on the things we can't control, and so little celebration around the things we can (relatively speaking, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Ty, even birthdays after a certain point are a dreaded thing, I remember as a kid adults would tell me "Enjoy your childhood, you're only a kid once." and I would ask "Why are you not enjoying your adulthood?"

      Delete